Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Cut My Own Hair

My hair has grew so long, it's becoming harder to maintain and when I sleep at night, my hair is all over my neck. I wanted to go to the hair salon but (1) I don't know how to explain the simple hairstyle I want (2) I don't want the hairdresser to mess it up.

So, after watching some how-to videos (hooray for Youtube!), I'm finally ready to cut my own hair. Excited and nervous at the same time but hey, if it's a disaster I can always go back to the hair salon anytime. =)

Well, here are some pictures of the before and after..please note I just woke up so I looked tired..=P


See how long my hair was...I still love the curls so I probably curl it when I go back to Kuching next year


First, I wet my hair and comb them straight


Then, I tie half of my hair up so I can start cutting from the bottom half...I do not want layers on my hair so it's just a simple straight cut...bye bye curls~ sob sob


I tie half of the half just now and using the bottom half as a guideline and cut the rest off.


Okay, I'm done with the rest of my hair, except for the front. So, I comb my hair and and leave the front hair out..


=) I took this photo from my point of view...measuring how long I should cut it off...chop chop..


To cut the layer in front, I divided the bangs into half from the middle. Holding one side of it, I gently pull the hair towards the opposite side and simply cut it off, like the photo above. Do the same for the other side. 


Then, I look at my hair again and repeat the whole process to clean up some strays...and straighten it.


 LoL!


R.I.P.


I wash my hair and I'm done...!


I'm so happy now I'm ready for girls' night out...


This is me later in the evening going out soon to Fridays with my housemate and a few friends.


Will I cut my own hair again? Yes of course! I saved a lot of money,I don't have to worry that my hairdresser will mess my hair up and I'm happy with the results. All thanks to Youtube..(you can learn almost everything on Youtube, isn't it great?)

2 comments:

  1. omg! u're so daring... i only dare to cut my bang... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was nervous at first but I just went for it =P

    ReplyDelete