Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Can You Predict Your Future?


(Source: PhotoBucket)

When I was just a little girl,
I ask my mother what will I be,
Will I be pretty, Will I be rich,
Here's what she said to me,
Que Sera Sera, Whatever will be will be,
The future's not ours to see,
Que Sera Sera, what will be will be.

I remember when I was young, my mum used to sing Que Sera Sera song to me. I woke up this morning with the song in my head and when I sang along and reached the second last line, I begin to wonder whether things like fortune telling, horoscope and Chinese astrology are for real.

It seems so accurate and yet there is always a thought at the back of my head telling me how it could only be a coincidence. Isn't life all about unpredictability and uncertainty? If these so called, blue prints of life are precise, there will be no mystery and excitements left in life, thus there be no reason to live anymore.

Having said that, some people are willing to hear what life has in store for them. Don't get me wrong, it is reasonable for a person to want to know their future, but it is the thought of knowing that your very existence is all planned out and you are just living it according to how it was "planned" that scares me. It's like there is a greater power other than your own out there governing you and there isn't really anything you can do about it.

How accurate are they? Back in Malaysia, on one fine day, I followed a friend to a palm reader. To my surprise, the palm reader was able to tell accurate things that occurred to me, and when was put to the test, he seems confident about what he was saying. I also noticed that there were books about the lines on your palm and what they represent. Another thing was that the palm reader was able to tell very realistic picture of your future plus your personality. It's like your palms has a record of every statistic and traits about you and it will calculate your future. Freaky, isn't it?

When I read the daily horoscope on magazines, newspapers or the Internet, however, it doesn't seem to be very accurate. It was very general and most of the time, it tells about things that have nothing to do with what's happening today. Even so, whenever I picked up a magazine, I find myself turning the pages to the horoscope section and started reading just for the fun of it. I sometimes wonder whether the daily horoscope applies to anybody who is Libra. I have a few friends who have same horoscope as mine, but our personalities are different, and events around us are the opposites. So far, I find astrology reading by Susan Miller quite accurate. I read it every month and have recommended the website to a few friends.

It has always been in my opinion that future speculations are made on the basis of possibilities. For example, if your horoscope says you will be forced to spend a significant amount of money today due to an unexpected event and you so happened to spend a bit more on something, the normal reaction would be to believe it - but how about the other days which the same thing occurs but nothing was mentioned in your horoscope? I guess the mind is what makes future readings true.

I try not to believe 100% in all readings. I trust that our future will change depending on the decisions and path we take today. I may go to a fortune teller once in a while just to listen to what he or she has to say about my life, believing maybe 50% of it. I rather not have a predictable life. I wouldn't want to know what's around the river bend until I reach it.

How about you? Which topic will you concentrate on when you are trying any of the astrology reading such as Face reading, Palm reading, Clairvoyant, Tarot cards, Numerology, Chinese Zodiac etc? I find the most popular topic to be compatibility in love and relationships; or fortune and money.

Do share your experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment