Friday, September 18, 2009

Things Happened for a Reason


One typical day, a king and his servants went hunting in the woods. The King was aiming at a deer and missed, accidentally hurt his finger. Annoyed and frustrated that he missed the shot and hurt his finger, he threw the bow on the ground and screamed.

One of his servant, seeing this, said “Your Highness, please calm down. Do not be angry. Things happened for a reason.”

The King was even more annoyed. “Why would I listen to a servant like him? I am the King!” he thought to himself. Immediately, he ordered the other servants to throw him into a small cave nearby and closed the entrance with a huge rock.

Hours passed and the servant still could not find a way to get out of the cave. He waited and waited, but nobody came to help.

All of a sudden, he heard footsteps getting closer to the entrance of the cave. Somebody is trying very hard to push the rock aside to free him.

It was the King! Surprised, he asked the King the reason he was freed.

“While we were on the way back to the castle, we were surrounded by the Red Indians. The other servants fled. The Red Indians then captured and took me to their village. They were about to sacrifice me when they saw my wound on my finger. Then, they freed me because they said I am not perfect enough to be sacrificed to their God,”he explained.

“I am very sorry for not believing you earlier. I was too proud. Please forgive me, “ the King continued.

“Please do not blame yourself, Your Highness,” the servant said. “Things happened for a reason”

The King looked at the servant, confused.

“If you did not lock me inside the cave, the Red Indians will take me instead,” the servant smiled.

The End.
************************************************

That is a very good story that I share with a lot of friends. It helps me when I’m down, because whenever something bad happens, I think of the story and I say to myself that things happened for a reason. I might not know now, but I will find out in the future.

No matter what happens, just remember that things happened for some reasons. Do not expect anything in return and giving, and if you forgive and forget, life becomes simple and you'll find more happiness. Make the people around you happy and let their happiness reminds you of the value of life everybody is striving for..





Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the story. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment