Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dust Storm attacking Southern QLD!


Above: Photo I have taken from the Internet - before and during dust storm in Sydney (sorry, I did not manage to capture the picture in Qld with my own camera)


This morning I went to work as usual - was too busy to even look outside the window, until my husband sms-ed me and told me that the sky is red. Very very red! I thought it was the sun or cloud, but when I got the chance to get up from my seat and went to look outside, it was soooo orange and blur! Unbelievable! It was dust storm!! Look at the photo above..so much difference.


Above: Another photo from the Internet


The whole sky was red/ orange. I could not even see the Gateway bridge in front of my office. Other building disappeared. The news stated that it was the worst dust storm in a decade. Yesterday, Sydney was blanketed with the dust...the strong wind must have driven it here today.


Above: Another photo from the Internet (this looks closer to what I was seeing this afternoon)



The dust storm caused slowdown in traffic, bye-bye to horse racing and also delays and cancellation of flights. This has also raised health concerns. I was okay because of the indoor, air-conditioned office..now while writing this blog, I feel like I'm breathing dust and sand into my lungs. Even my car was covered with brown "sand" so now it looks rusty.

The Health Department advised those with respiratory illnesses and heart problems to stay indoors. For most people, the dust will only irritate the eyes, nose and throat.

I hope the dust storm go away...

No comments:

Post a Comment